Electric Hot Water Heater Types
Electric Tank Water HeatersAs the name suggests, Electric Tank Water Heaters uses a tank to store your warm water.
- It meets the demands of a quick and reliable supply of domestic hot water.
- Electric Tank Water Heaters are built for durability for areas with a high water hardness rating.
- It may have a slow heating time.
- Since it’s regularly using electricity, it has a high operating cost.
- Tankless Electric Water Heaters
On the other hand, Tankless Electric Water Heaters or demand-type water heaters only provide hot water as it is needed.
- Tankless water heating units only work when the need for hot water is present. This will cut the cost of your electricity bill by as much as 35% a year. Plus, it is highly energy-efficient as well.
- Tankless water heaters last approximately 20 to 30 years, almost twice as long as a water heater for storage tanks.
- It has a high upfront cost.
- It is not suitable in areas with hard water, but you can get a water softener together with your tankless water heater so you won’t ruin it.
Electric Hot Water Leading Brands
A.O. Smith is one of the leading brands worldwide when it comes to commercial and residential water heaters and boilers. They offer both tank and tankless electric water heaters and many more. Also, Reliance has a good reputation for its water heater’s durability. It is a subsidiary of A.O. Smith but mostly focused on the residential market.
Moreover, if you’re in an area where the gas supply is scarce, electric water heaters are ideal for you.