A propane water heater works like any other water heater, but instead of natural gas or electricity, its fuel source is propane. Compared with electric models, propane water heaters use less energy, cost less to run, and have fewer emissions.
Propane Hot Water Heater Types
Propane-Powered Storage Tank Water Heaters
Propane-Powered Storage Tank Water Heaters are efficient, versatile, and reliable hot water solutions for homeowners. Compared to traditional electric storage tank units, propane storage water heaters offer superior hot water delivery and energy costs and come in a wide range of capacities to meet hot water demands in any home.
- It is energy efficient and has a low operating cost. Energy Star qualified propane storage water heaters for delivering substantial energy savings with features like electronic ignition and highly insulated tanks.
- It reduces emissions compared to standard oil-burning units.
- The tank may take up a fair amount of space in your house.
- Maintenance of the tank may be a bit expensive and requires effort.
- Propane-Powered Tankless Water Heaters
Propane-Powered Tankless Water Heaters provides the same features as those water heaters powered by other natural gas. However, it only heats the water when needed, so the water doesn’t experience standby heat loss.
- It provides on-demand endless hot water.
- It can save you up to 16 square feet of floor space.
- It has a higher upfront cost than storage tank units.
- If you’re living in an area with hard water, you must use a water softener to prolong your tankless water heater’s life.
Propane Hot Water Heater Leading Brands
There are many best propane water heater brands and products in the market. And on the top of that list is Rinnai. The Ultra Series of water heaters from the Rinnai have power bags to deliver hot water wherever and whenever you need it.
Eccotemp is another excellent brand when it comes to propane water heaters. One of their most love product is the Eccotemp i12-LP Propane Tankless Water Heater. It has an elegant tempered glass finish, automatic temperature controls, and a touch screen.
Moreover, Propane Hot Water Heater is a great option but make sure that it’s suitable in your area. Therefore, it would be best to do your research first or ask a professional.